Family Liaison Service
Our service provides professional staff that have specialist knowledge of Huntington’s Disease to help individuals, families/whanau and professionals to respond to the unique challenges of Huntington’s Disease.
Support is available throughout Northland and is provided mainly by home visits and coordinating appropriate referrals.
Our specialised staff can assist you by:
- Providing information about Huntington’s Disease when your family/Whanau has been newly diagnosed and continues to work alongside you as the condition progresses.
- Help you to understand symptomology and the information of Huntington’s Disease and apply it to your individual whanau/family circumstances.
- Help you to understand the health system.
- Identify, access and evaluate services you may need now and in the future.
- Provide education/information to your family/Whanau and health professionals involved in your care.
- Promote efficient, effective care pathways between individuals, their family/whanau and agencies involved in your care.
- Offer opportunities to meet or be in contact with other family/whanau who have a family member with Huntington’s Disease.
- Quarterly newsletters are published and are available from our webpage.
Please contact our Family Liaison Coordinator Jo Dysart, on 0274 328 255 for further information and/or assistance.