Interested to see who replied and who didn’t before you vote?
Are you aware that in the Census done in 2013, 24% of NZ population have disabilities? Do you know that in Northland it was 29% of the population? Given that was the Census done in 2013 it is envisaged that percentage is far higher now.
We invited all Mayoral Candidates in Northland to participate in answering 5 questions on Disability issues.
The questions asked were:
- How would you support a Northland Regional Accessibility Policy that is currently being developed by the three District Councils (Whangarei District, Kaipara District & Far North District) and the Regional Council?
- There is a major lack of affordable housing in Northland. Accessible housing is even worse. What are your views on Universal design in housing?
- What do you think the biggest issue is for the disability community in your district?
- How would you decrease the number of working aged disabled people who are not engaged in employment.
- How do you plan to increase usage of NZ Official Languages (Te Reo Māori and NZ Sign Language) in Local Government?
To get their replies open the Downloadable version above or print out