Thanks to Parafed Northland for providing this information. The schedule of when the events are attached above.
Where to watch
– Free live coverage of Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games can be found on TVNZ Duke [Freeview 13 | Sky 23]
– Paralympics New Zealand have put together some educational resources for Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. These can be found on the link below:
Meet the Team
– All information about each team member is on this link. Each athlete has their own individual athlete profile: https://paralympics.org.nz/summer/tokyo-2020-paralympic-games/
– Encourage classes to hold a Paralympic Party to support the team at the games. Dress in gold or bring along something gold, then get students to talk about what sports that they have been watching.
– Information about Paralympic Parties can be found here: https://paralympics.org.nz/community/paralympic-party/
– The official mascot of Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games is Someity (pronounced soh-may-tee). Information on the what Someity represents can be found on this link: https://www.paralympic.org/tokyo-2020/mascot
– I have attached the image of Someity that students can colour in.
Information about the Medals
– Information about the medals can be found in this link. Including the braille letters for those with visual impairments
– Rising Phoenix is a documentary film following nine Paralympic athletes and their journey in competition, as well as the history of the Paralympic movement.
– The documentary can be found on Netflix and is an incredible watch!