Our Vision: Improving the life of every person affected by arthritis
Ko tō mātou aronga: Kia whakapiki i te oranga o te hunga kua pāngia e te mate kaiponapona
- A national helpline 0800 663 463
- Facebook Q & A sessions every Monday 7pm to 9pm
- Online and other support groups
- Support for Newly Diagnosed service – a chance to talk with someone who has the same condition
- Information about all forms of arthritis, treatments, pain management, employment issues and access to other support services
- Community development – helping others in your community support people with arthritis.
Arthritis Educators are available on 0800 663 463 to provide specific information about your condition. They can recommend options for a better quality of life with the help of medications, exercise, joint protection, pain management and healthy food.
The following support groups are available in Whangarei:
- 20+ support group – first Saturday of each month
- Autoimmune support group – third Thursday of each month
Arthritis New Zealand recommends these hydrotherapy and pool exercise classes facilitated by qualified physiotherapists:
- Whangarei Aquatic Centre – two sessions, Wednesday morning in school term time.
- Te Hana Pool – one session, Wednesday morning in school term time.
|Support for newly diagnosed||307 KB|
|Autoimmune and 20+ Support Groups||196 KB|
|Water-based exercise classes available||183 KB|