Editorial Policies, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer
- We invite suggestions, comments or items from people with a disability or who work within the disability sector.
- The focus on the website is on:
- Keeping the disabled community informed about local, regional and national news and events;
- Promoting the value and diversity of disabled people in our communities;
- Promoting the services of the DIAS Collective and other organisations within the disability sector;
- Providing a mechanism whereby people with disabilities can have input into and receive feedback from groups/committees that Tiaho Trust has representation on;
- Using digital media to enhance the accessibility of the website content.
All materials submitted must have a clearly identified contact person, with contact details easily available.
The Tiaho Trust may record personal information about a user of this website. Any contact or personal information provided will be kept confidential and will only be recorded and used for Tiaho Trust purposes. The Tiaho Trust will not use personal information for any other purpose, and will not disclose it to any third party without prior consent.
However, you should be aware that when submitting information for publication on the website, items such as event notices and news items, then become publicly available. Please be careful about including personal contact details such as home addresses and phone numbers.
The Tiaho Trust website is intended to provide general information to the public. The Tiaho Trust accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies, in the information provided. Further, it will not be liable to anyone in respect of any loss, damage, injury or expense, suffered or incurred as a result of reliance on the information on this website. Visitors to this website are advised that: Material on this website is information of a general nature only, is not legal advice, and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity. For specific legal advice, please contact a lawyer; This website contains links to third party websites which are not under the control of the Tiaho Trust. The Tiaho Trust is not responsible or liable for the contents of any linked website, or any link contained in a linked website. The Tiaho Trust provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the link site by the Tiaho Trust. Further, the appearance on the website of any advertisements, product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by the Tiaho Trust and the Tiaho Trust does not investigate any claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers. Tiaho Trust reserves the right to exclude any material submitted, and any decision to exclude material will be at the sole discretion of the Tiaho Trust;
- The Tiaho Trust may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information on this website without notice;
- Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of it.
- The views and opinions of authors, other than those employed by Tiaho Trust, expressed on the Tiaho website do not necessarily state or reflect those of Tiaho Trust.
- When submitting articles, authors are to note that they are agreeing that: “I/We warrant that the material presented is true and accurate in all material respects and I/We indemnify Tiaho Trust for any losses incurred as a result of publication of the material.
We strive to provide accurate content. If you find a mistake or something that should not be there, please contact us. Linked website content may change significantly over time. Please contact us if you find that a website that we currently link to, does not meet the appropriate standards.
We do not accept
Material which breaches the Human Rights Act, e.g. racist, sexist or homophobic content.
Adult or offensive content.
Statements that are libellous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise damage an individual’s or organisation’s reputation.
Material which infringes copyright.
Exploitive or commercially unethical content.
We strive to make this website accessible and user friendly, especially for people with disabilities. Some material, especially that supplied by external sources may not be fully accessible, however we will endeavour to ensure as much content as possible is accessible to all.
Linking to this website
Appropriate links to this website and the Support Options website are encouraged. If you feel that your staff or group would benefit from a Tiaho Trust staff member meeting with you to give an overview of either of these sites, please contact us.
The material on this website is copyright. The copyright owner is the Tiaho Trust. Material may be copied for personal use, or for educational or research purposes provided that it is attributed to Tiaho Trust including a reference to this website. Material on this website must not be used for any other purpose without the prior written consent of Tiaho Trust.
Where any inconsistency exists between this copyright statement and any copyright statement contained in any document on this website, any such inconsistency shall be resolved in favour of the latter document.Back to top